Elevator Pitch Contest
Fall 2012 Elevator Pitch Contest.
The UWWCEO Warhawk Elevator Pitch Competition is purely an educational experience and is intended to challenge students’ creativity and business skills. Your idea may or may not be executable and just because you present an idea does not mean that you have to pursue the creation of the company. The main goal is to educate you on the process of developing a well-organized presentation on a creative business idea or non-profit organization.
- Students who have a business idea(s)
- Students who have an idea for a non-profit organization
- Students who want to learn more about the process of pitching a business opportunity
- Students interested in enhancing their presentation skills
- Students who want to demonstrate their ability to clearly communicate an idea to a group
- Students who are looking for support for their opportunity
- Students who want to compete for cash
Any UW-Whitewater student from any area of study is welcome to participate in the competition.
- Create an opportunity for students to present their business venture or idea in an environment that promotes new venture creation and the spirit of Entrepreneurship
- Award students of the merits of presenting their ideas with cash prizes
- Give students a chance to showcase their talent and passion for Entrepreneurship
- Teams shall develop a 90 second action-oriented pitch about a business designed to sell the idea of the business to another as if they were in the elevator with an angel investor
- You must be a part time or full time student at UW-Whitewater
- Teams are encouraged, however only one speaker may present the pitch
- You will have 90 seconds to give your pitch
- No note cards or PowerPoint may be used during the competition; it’s only 90 seconds (max) and should be done by memory
- There will be a preliminary round, only the top 20 teams will move on to the final round.
- Judges may ask up to 2 questions with responses less than 1 minute
- The order of the pitches will be randomly selected before the competition
- Please notify us if you have to leave early for night class
Preliminary Round Details:
When: October 9 & 10, 2012
Where: Hyland Hall 1319
Time: 5:15 PM
Final Round Details:
When: October 17, 2012
Where: Whitewater Innovation Center
Time: 5:30 PM
A panel of judges shall select the three overall best pitches presented during the competition.
Prizes: 1st: $250 cash 2nd: $150 cash 3rd: $100 cash 4th: Free CEO Membership 5th: Free CEO Membership 6th: Free CEO Membership
The winner of the competition will be given the opportunity to present at the national CEO conference in Chicago to compete for nearly $25,000 in prizes!
Judging and Scoring:
10pts: The pitch is presented in a professionally clear, concise and logical order
10pts: The idea/opportunity is creative, original and memorable
10pts: The product and/or service clearly benefits customers
10pts: Market opportunity and potential returns are clear and compelling
10pts: The speaker displays passion for the business
Note: After exceeding 90 seconds, 1 point shall be deducted each second
Judges will use a scoring sheet provided by UWW CEO administrative team that will be tallied at the conclusion of each presentation during the Competition.